gcc 3.3.1 on AIX 5.2?
Paul Ripke
stix@stix.homeunix.net
Fri Oct 10 08:46:00 GMT 2003
On Thursday, Oct 9, 2003, at 05:04 Australia/Sydney, David Edelsohn
wrote:
>> Paul Ripke writes:
>>
>> Anyone running recent a recent gcc release on AIX 5.2? I've tried
>> building gcc 3.3.1 with a mostly-working IBM compiled gcc, and
>> gnumake.
>> The error is during the libgcc2 build.
>>
>> ../../gcc-3.3.1/gcc/libgcc2.c:1161: internal compiler error: in
>> extract_insn, at recog.c:2175
>>
>> Mostly working IBM built gcc is:
>>
>> Reading specs from
>> /usr/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0/2.9-aix51-020209/specs
>> gcc version 2.9-aix51-020209
>
> Note that you are using GCC built for AIX 5.1 to build GCC for AIX
> 5.2 *ON AN AIX 5.2 system*.
>
> You need to delete the cache of "fixed" AIX 5.1 header files in
> the GCC installation.
>
> AIX 5.2 includes the atoll() function and the GCC configuration
> finds it, but the AIX 5.1 header file in the cache does not declare it.
> GCC assumes that atoll() returns an "int" instead of "long long" and
> things go downhill from there.
Ended up finding one of your mails in the archives describing the
atoll() issue: <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2003-06/msg02965.html>.
Added a definition to the gcc "fixed" headers from 2.95.2. After
fixing that, it left me with a bad header after the gcc fix headers
step. Some hand tweaking there, and I seem to have a working compiler.
If anyone's interested, I'll work out what I needed to do, and pass it
on.
BTW: I wasn't using bash.
Thanks for the reply,
--
Paul Ripke
Unix/OpenVMS/TSM/DBA
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
-- Douglas Adams
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list