-fprofile-arcs on gcc version 3.3.2
Arun Patnaik
arupat@sybase.com
Fri Oct 31 20:59:00 GMT 2003
Hi,
I am trying to use the -fprofile-arcs option with GCC 3.3.2. The compilation is
successful however when I try to run the program to execute the training set,
it fails to generate the *.da files.
The reason being that it is trying to generate the files in an incorrect location.
I compiled as follows:
current directory is: /p/c
gcc ... -c -o /p/c/myprog1.o myprog1.c
gcc ... -c -o /p/c/myprog2.o myprog2.c
gcc ... -o /p/c/myprog myprog.c /p/c/myprog1.o /p/c/myprog2.o
When I run it tries to create the .da files as /p/c//p/c/myprog1.da
and obviously that fails.
This looks like a bug to me. Has anyone seen this problem ? Is there a
work around available ?
Also is there anyway I can direct gcc to put all the .da files in a
user specified directory.
Thanks
- Arun
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list