gcc-3.2.2 libutil,glibc compatability

Meir Lamed meir.l@icognito.com
Thu Oct 23 08:22:00 GMT 2003


Hi.

I wanted to upgrade to gcc-3.2.2 on my redhat 7.2 machine.
So I intstalled the tar ball and started compiling. Didn't take long and I
got error looking something like: /usr/bin/ld : Dwarf error Invalid or
unhandled FORM value : 14.
I little looking around brought me to a conclusion that I should upgrade the
binutils package. 
Trying to install binutils-2.13.90, I found out that I also have  to upgrade
my Glibc 2.3.
My question is : Is there a known and defined relation between these three
components ? 
Is there somewhere I can look to find what the requirements are for a gcc
package before installing it?
I'm working on several machines, with several Linux , Unix and gcc versions
and having such a definition would save me a lot of trouble.

Thanks in advance,

Meir Lamed



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list