error while compiling the CVS sources(9.10.03):'warning: file resource.gcda not found'

Sebastian Stammler linuxcld@hrz.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Oct 8 20:35:00 GMT 2003


hi
i downloaded the newet CVS sources(8.10.2003)
when i make a 'make profiledbootstrap'
the following errors appear:

stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -c   -g -O2 
-fbranch-probabilities -DIN_GCC   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings 
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-long 
-Werror -fno-common   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I. -I../../gcc/gcc 
-I../../gcc/gcc/. -I../../gcc/gcc/../include  ../../gcc/gcc/resource.c 
-o resource.o
../../gcc/gcc/resource.c: In function `clear_hashed_info_for_insn':

../../gcc/gcc/resource.c:1280: warning: file resource.gcda not found, 
execution counts assumed to be zero
make[4]: *** [resource.o] Fehler 1
[...]

--------------------
when i copy the files 'resource.gcda' and 'resource.gcno' from 
'objdir/gcc/java/' to '/objdir/gcc' and make again a 'make 
profiledbootstrap' this appears:

stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -c   -g -O2 
-fbranch-probabilities -DIN_GCC   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings 
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-long 
-Werror -fno-common   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I. -I../../gcc/gcc 
-I../../gcc/gcc/. -I../../gcc/gcc/../include  ../../gcc/gcc/resource.c 
-o resource.o
../../gcc/gcc/resource.c: In function `clear_hashed_info_for_insn':

../../gcc/gcc/resource.c:1280: warning: no coverage for function 
'clear_hashed_info_for_insn' found.
make[4]: *** [resource.o] Fehler 1
[...]

-------------------
is this just an error because of the CVS sources?
help ;)

cu linuxchild



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list