Empasizing errors in gcc - how to make it possible ?

sting sting zstingx@hotmail.com
Mon Oct 6 18:24:00 GMT 2003

Hello ,
I am using gcc (gcc-3.2.2-5 ) and make on Linux (make-3.79.1-17 rpm);
when I run make on a makefile , which runs the gcc compiler,
I get warning and erros;
when there is a warning , the error message begin with "WARNING:  " ;
when there is an error ,the error message does not begin with 'error';.
soetimes (generally it occurrs most of the time) I have many warnings ,
and one error; and I have to scroll - sometimes 2 or 3 or more screens - and
look where there error message does not begin with error.
I was wondering wheter there is a  a way that make errors on Linux
will start with the word "ERROR" as the warning messages start with
"WARNING"
(or, even better , that the text of a real ERROR message will be displayed
in a different colour)
regards,
stingor