problem compiling gnustep-gui with uclibc

Rogelio M.Serrano Jr. rogelio@smsglobal.net
Mon Nov 24 03:16:00 GMT 2003

On 2003-11-24 10:59:46 +0800 Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:

> Well, it's nice that it worked, but gui should work around rintf not
> being defined (look in config.h). I'm not sure what caused the
> problem.

Its not using rintf as far as I can see. Its just that the
preprocessing
goes wrong if rintf is not found by configure. The math.h macros is a
beast
that i can hardly understand. From what i was able to decypher so far,
bits/mathcalls.h is included twice. When configure finds rintf the
second
inclusion and subsequent macro expansion works fine. When rintf is not
found the second macro expansion is wrong. The 'f' is not appended to
rint in the second inclusion and macro expansion. like:

(not exact)

rint (float . . .); float __rintf( . . . )
     ^ missing 'f'               ^ this one is ok

This problem only appears when i build gnustep-gui in this particular
environment. uclibc-0.9.23 gcc-3.3.2 and binutils-2.14.90.0.7. I have
some problems with macro expansion though and this might be related to
it.