tic54x cross compiler

Paul Berube berube@cs.ualberta.ca
Wed Nov 5 18:06:00 GMT 2003

Ok, I was wondering why it wasn't on the list of supported targets... But,
gcc compilation never complains that it does not know the tic54x target,
and the configure script recognizes --target=tic54x as a cross compiler
for tic54x-unknown-coff...

I'm confused.  How can I know for sure whether gcc supports tic54x or not?
And why would there be binutils support without gcc support?

Thanks.