Symbol Aliasing

Raghunath L- CTD, Chennai. raghunathl@ctd.hcltech.com
Mon Nov 24 13:57:00 GMT 2003

Hello all,

 I want to create an alias to an already created symbol in gnu assembler.
Pls help me in this regard.

Example:

 .org 0x4	;Advances the location counter to memory location '0x4'

  Symbol1:
        .long 4     ;Creates a symbol

  I want to create an alias 'Symbol2' for the original symbol 'Symbol1' .
With this I want to refer the memory location '0x4'
  either with the name 'Symbol1' or with the name 'Symbol2'.

 Hope I am clear in explaining my requirement. Pls feel free to ask
questions if I am not clear.

 Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,
Raghunath Lolur,
Member Technical Staff,
Core Technology Division,
HCL Technologies Pvt. Ltd.,
Vadapalani, Chennai - 26.

> *: +91-44-23728366, Extn: 1324/ 5 / 6
> * : +91-44-24806640
> *: www.hcltech.com

Disclaimer:
>This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that is
>confidential, proprietary to HCL Technologies and its customers. Contents
may be privileged or otherwise protected >by law. The >information is solely
intended for the individual or the entity it is addressed to. If you are
>not the intended >recipient of this message, you are not authorized to
read, forward, >print, retain, >copy or disseminate this message or any part
of it. If you >have received >this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately by >return e-mail >and delete it from your computer.