Link error with gcc 3.3.1 on HP-UX 10.20

Geisler Andreas andreas.geisler@siemens.com
Tue Nov 18 12:32:00 GMT 2003


Hi,

could anybody give me a hint regarding the folloing
errors I get from the linker when linking a particular program:

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Duplicate symbol "vtable for BCDumper" in files FM_PFC.o
and /l
home/braisch/modbau/obj/libMF.a(MFModel.o)
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Duplicate symbol "VTT for BCDumper" in files FM_PFC.o and
/lhom
e/braisch/modbau/obj/libMF.a(MFModel.o)
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Duplicate symbol "typeinfo for BCDumper" in files FM_PFC.o
and
/lhome/braisch/modbau/obj/libMF.a(MFModel.o)
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Duplicate symbol "construction vtable for
std::basic_ostream<ch
ar, std::char_traits<char> >-in-BCDumper 0" in files FM_PFC.o and
/lhome/braisch
/modbau/obj/libMF.a(MFModel.o)

Strangely, the code links correctly with gcc 3.3.1 on HP-UX 11.0, but I need
10.20.
Could it be the case that something is wrong with the installation of the
compiler?


Thanks,

Andreas Geisler	
> SIEMENS I&S IP PEP AD
P.O. Box 3240, Schuhstr. 60, 2D9  	
D-91050 Erlangen	
Tel:	++49-9131-7-42681
Fax:	++49-9131-7-29722
mailto:	Andreas.Geisler@siemens.com




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list