[tree-ssa, cvs] (cleaner workaround) spec failure: unrecognized spec option'<'
Melvin Hadasht
melvin.hadasht@free.fr
Fri Nov 14 11:54:00 GMT 2003
> Hello,
>
> --- Melvin Hadasht <melvin.hadasht@free.fr> wrote:
> > I could not find out why my self-compiled compilers
> > always
> > use the specs file that they can find in the
> > work-directory.
> > I wanted to try rpms, but my basis distro is suse
> > 6.2 (quite old) + self compiled
> > packages. It does not like me to use rpms. So I
> > could not test
> > with compilers built by other people. I am doomed...
>
> That's unfortunate. I vaguely remember somebody with
> Mandrake 7 had a similar problem. What's the base
> version of gcc in SUSE 6.2?
egcs 2.91.66 IIRC. But I build with another compiler installed in
prefix /usr/local/ (3.3.2)
I could build 2.95.3, but it reads the specs from working directory, too.
but...
> Clever. Just to clarify, with your newly built
> compiler, will it still pick up the wrong specs if you
> try and rebuild gcc?
... the newly compiled tree-ssa with the clean workaround ignores
the current working directory:
touch ./specs
/usr/local/gcc-ssa/bin/gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/gcc-ssa/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.5-tree-ssa/specs
Configured with: /usr/local/src/cvs/gcc/configure --enable-languages=c,c++,f95,objc --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-ssa
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.5-tree-ssa 20031113 (merged 20031111)
(I could not use tree-ssa to rebuild another tree-ssa, because I had some
compiler error --I did not bootstrap before)
I could not find where and how gcc looks for specs, so I did not investigate
further.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list