[tree-ssa, cvs] (cleaner workaround) spec failure: unrecognized spec option'<'
Melvin Hadasht
melvin.hadasht@free.fr
Thu Nov 13 07:11:00 GMT 2003
Dara wrote:
> --- Melvin Hadasht <melvin.hadasht@free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Ok, I read the thread on gcc. The threads
> > concludes that there is no bug in the specs and >
> the "<" thing is expected. The problem is that
> > my gcc-3.3.2 reads the specs in the current
> > directory, which is not expected.
>
> Yeah, that seems to be the situation. Good luck
> installing from rpms. If you have any more problems,
> by all means report back though. GCC may not be
> trivial to install, but we try not to make it too
> impossible!
Hi,
I could not find out why my self-compiled compilers always
use the specs file that they can find in the work-directory.
I wanted to try rpms, but my basis distro is suse 6.2 (quite old) + self compiled
packages. It does not like me to use rpms. So I could not test
with compilers built by other people. I am doomed...
Clean Workaround:
Anyway, my workaround is to specify CC="gcc -specs=PATH_TO_GCC_SPECS"
where PATH_TO_GCC_SPECS is the specs file from the gcc compiler
I use to compile tree-ssa. This is to avoid modifying the generated specs file.
I hope this would help any other strange person that is doomed like me.
GCC was always easy for me to install. I only needed to follow the clear
instructions on the gcc.gnu.org. I even managed to compile
the fortran 95 front-end before it was merged to tree-ssa...
--
Melvin Hadasht
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list