build gcc 3.3.2 on Irix 6.5 problems

Richard Gillman R.Gillman@nerc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 17:02:00 GMT 2003


I'm trying to build gcc 3.3.2 on Irix 6.5, but the build process is 
failing "No such file or directory" while in directory mabi=64.

The C compiler I'm using is gcc 2.95.2, variable CC is set to gcc,

setenv CC gcc
8 rgi@ravello>setenv MAKE gmake
9 rgi@ravello>../gcc-3.3.2/configure --prefix=/nerc/packages/gcc/3.3.2
               gmake bootstrap


and this is what I get...


libgcc/mabi=64/_thenan_tf.o libgcc/mabi=64/_tf_to_usi.o 
libgcc/mabi=64/_usi_to_tf.o libgcc/mabi=64/_tilib.o 
libgcc/mabi=64/unwind-dw2.o libgcc/mabi=64/unwind-dw2-fde.o 
libgcc/mabi=64/unwind-sjlj.o libgcc/mabi=64/unwind-c.o -lc && rm -f 
libgcc_s_mabi=64.so && ln -s mabi=64/libgcc_s.so.1 libgcc_s_mabi=64.so
ld64: FATAL 9: I/O error (-lc): No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 32 exit status
gmake[3]: *** [mabi=64/libgcc_s_mabi=64.so] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory 
`/net/shannon/local1/dick1/gcc/irix/gcc-3.3.2-obj/gcc'
gmake[2]: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory 
`/net/shannon/local1/dick1/gcc/irix/gcc-3.3.2-obj/gcc'
gmake[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory 
`/net/shannon/local1/dick1/gcc/irix/gcc-3.3.2-obj/gcc'
gmake: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
12 rgi@ravello>

Has anyone seen anything like this, and can tell me something to try?

I have also tried
- make instead of gmake, this gives make: file `Makefile' line 1193: 
Syntax error
- the Silicon-Graphics supplied C compilers; this gave compilation 
errors in gcc/cp/decl.c

What might I try next?

thanks in advance for any input...

Dick
-- 
Richard Gillman
iTSS UNIX Systems Group, Maclean Building, Wallingford OX10 8BB
Tel: 01491 - 692 339



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list