Problems when building gcc 3.2or 3.3 as cross compiler for powerpc-linux

Nick Patavalis npat@inaccessnetworks.com
Tue May 27 17:00:00 GMT 2003


On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 11:36:49AM -0400, Richard Sewards wrote:
> 
> I think I have found a solution by adding more steps:  I install the
> partially built minimal gcc (without libgcc.a) and use this to build
> glibc.  This fails because it cannot create the shared objects (it needs
> libgcc.a).  However, if I do "make -k ; make -k install" I get an
> installed set of header files.  I then combine these with the kernel
> headers and use this new header collection (using --with-headers=...) to
> reconfigure the minimal gcc, which now builds successfully. 
>

Might be usefull, as a last resort, but, you must agree, it's too
much of a kluge!
 
> I might try modifying gcc's config/rs6000/linux.h such that it doesn't
> need the glibc headers as an alternate solution (probably a better one,
> in fact).  It should include "linux/signal.h" and "asm/ucontext.h"
> instead of "signal.h" and "sys/ucontext.h", but there may be other
> structures used too.

If you try this, please drop a line to let me know if it works

/npat

-- 
flowchart, v.: To obfuscate (a problem) with esoteric cartoons.
  -- Stan Kelly-Bootle



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list