Where's ".div" implemented?

Nick Patavalis npat@inaccessnetworks.com
Thu May 29 18:58:00 GMT 2003


I'm compiling the following program using GCC-3.2.3 configured as a
cross-compiler targeting "sparc-linux" and hosted on ix86-linux:

int main (void) { int i; i = i / 3; return 0; }

and compile it with:

  sparc-linux-gcc -mcpu=v7 -c tst.c -o tst.o

but when I try to link it:

  sparc-linux-ld tst.o /path/to/gcc-lib/libgcc.a -o tst

I get an error about not been able to find ".div". I thought that
these integer-math routines were in "libgcc.a", but obviously they are
not! 

Looking arround I found a ".div" function in *libc*, but the problem
is I that I don't want to link my program with the glibc monster. 

All I want is a library that supports the *compiler generated*
code. Isn't "libgcc" supposed to be exactly that?

Any hints??

/npat
 

-- 
Don't ever think you know what's right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what's right for you.
  -- Paul Williams, `Das Energi'



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list