How to use gcc 2.96 compiled library with gcc 3.2

lucian lucian@mediafusion.co.jp
Sun May 25 08:55:00 GMT 2003


Hello everybody!
This may be a very trivial matter but as a newbie I couldn`t 
figure it out so I`m addressing my concerns to you.
I have a library compiled on RedHat 7.3 and I need to use it on a RedHat 9 platform.
Since I only have the static object and the headers the only way to compile and 
link any program that uses this library is using gcc2.96 on this new platform.
But then  I can`t link against many libraries from RedHat 9 (ex. qt3 etc).
Is there any way I can "port" a gcc 2.96 build static object to gcc 3.2 ? I can`t get the sources 
so I really have to link against this old library and new qt,glut,mesa etc at the 
same time.
Any suggestions?
Best regards.  

-- 
Lucian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list