_main error

Sandy Schillebeeckx sandy.schillebeeckx@rma.ac.be
Tue May 13 14:26:00 GMT 2003


Dear Sir/Mrs,

I detected some problems while trying to compile and link with the 
g77 compiler (which is new to me).
I got the following error message:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_main

Searching the WWW for possible causes and solutions for this problem, 
I already tried appending '-lc' ,'-lm','-lg2c' and also 
'-Wl,-u,_main'. All of this didn't help.

The command used is of the form:

g77 file.f -o runfile -lc (-lm -...(see before))

Before this problem arrose there were also problems saying that 
libg2c.a was out of date, so I ran 'ranlib' which did solve that.

Maybe this fact is connected with the _main error problem?

I hope you can help me solving this problem. Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Sandy Schillebeeckx

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sandy Schillebeeckx               tel   : 32 2 737 6581
                                   fax   : 32 2 735 2421
                                   e-mail: SANDY.SCHILLEBEECKX@RMA.AC.BE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laboratory for Plasmaphysics
Association "Euratom-Belgian State"
Royal Military Academy
Renaissancelaan 30
B-1000 Brussels
Belgium
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a look at the www site of the LPP-ERM/KMS: http://fusion.rma.ac.be
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list