segfault compil. 3.2.1 with 3.2.2 statically

Florian Konnertz florian.konnertz@web.de
Sun May 4 17:09:00 GMT 2003


Hi,

I am building my first LinuxFromScratch system.
For building such a minimal linux the first step is to build everything 
statically.
I thought of asking here for help first, because i'm subscribed already 
to this list and not yet to the LFS-lists. - Please have a look if you 
can help me.

I go along with the book and try to install gcc-3.2.1 as described on 
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/view/4.1/chapter05/gcc.html



But i get this error:
../gcc-3.2.1/configure --prefix=/static \
    --disable-nls --disable-shared \
    --with-as=$LFS/static/bin/as \

./xgcc -B./ -B/static/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -isystem 
/static/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include -isystem 
/static/i686-pc-linux-gnu/sys-include -O2  -DIN_GCC    -W -Wall 
-Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -isystem 
./include  -fPIC -g -DHAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT -DIN_LIBGCC2 
-D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED  -I. -I. -I../../gcc-3.2.1/gcc 
-I../../gcc-3.2.1/gcc/. -I../../gcc-3.2.1/gcc/config 
-I../../gcc-3.2.1/gcc/../include  -DL_clz -c 
../../gcc-3.2.1/gcc/libgcc2.c -o libgcc/./_clz.o
Segmentation fault
Segmentation fault

----

Is it connected to the following env.settings?

   declare -x CC="gcc -s"
   declare -x CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH="/usr/lib/qt-3.1.2/include"



A further questions:

Should i compile the current 3.2.3. version?



Regards,
Florian



-- 
Florian Konnertz   ---   http://www.florian-konnertz.de	
http://openspirit.homelinux.net/noowiki/FrontPage
ZWiki about all topics, especially consciousness research
and wisdom traditions



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list