g++ sometimes doesn't find its standard headers (was: Linker ignores library path)

Markus Gerwinski markus@gerwinski.de
Wed Mar 12 16:31:00 GMT 2003

Hi folks,

Kartik Jayaraman wrote:
> 	Probably the make file is "grep"ing for the .la file in /usr/lib/mysql. I
> guess by changing the makefile to grep for the .la in /usr/local/lib/mysql,
> should fix this.

I finally found the source of the problem: It's in the `dependency_libs' of my
.la file. Seemingly it has taken them from the libsqlplus.la, which already
contains the wrong path, too.

I tried to fix it by re-compiling mysql++ (I'm currently using a binary
distribution), but ran into a build problem I already encountered a few times:
g++ doesn't find some of its own standard header files; in this case,
stdexcept.

I already had the same problem with ext/hash_map. Funny enough, g++ _does_ find
the (deprecated) backward/hash_map.h, which is placed in the same path.

Is this a known problem in g++? Can someone give me a hint how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

  Markus