long_call and definition/declaration conflicts

Jason Wilkins fenix@io.com
Fri Mar 28 08:18:00 GMT 2003

I am using gcc 3.2.2

If I declare a function with __attribute__ ((long_call)), then I get a
'conflicting types for function/previous declaration' error if both the
declaration and definition are in the same translation unit.

I does not seem that you can attach __attributes__ to definitions, so how
do I resolve this conflict.  It would seem to make long_call impossible to
use unless you hide the prototypes from the function definitions.

Is this a bug?

Please CC to me, as I am not a subscriber.

--
           The Phoenix - NekoCo - The Artistic Intuition Company
DevKitAdvance*MirrorReflex*Teapot*PhoenixQuake*Caelius*Zen-X*InfiniteRealms