always producing the same object code...

Oliver Kullmann O.Kullmann@Swansea.ac.uk
Wed Mar 19 12:44:00 GMT 2003

> Hi,
>  I've got a customer (and government for what I work on) requirement that
> the same object is produced from our source code every time, so that the
> regulatory body can do validity checks on the software running in the
> target environment,
>
> A colleague just noticed -fno-guess-branch-probability and I believe that
> go meet the above requirement I would need to use this switch, is this
> true (running 3.2 from RH8.0 on x86, PIII/PIV)? Are there any other
> switches I should know about that might have similiar effects?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave.
>
> --
> David Airlie, Software Engineer
> http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied@skynet.ie
> pam_smb / Linux DecStation / Linux VAX / ILUG person

Hi,

do you mean that the compiler always produces the same object *code*?!
Or do you mean, that the *behaviour* of the running program is always
exactly the same?
Or do you mean, that the behaviour plus all the implementation details is
always the same??

Oliver