Problems with building gcc-3.2.1 on OS X

Johan snozie1@yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 15:50:00 GMT 2003

Hi!

I have serious problems with trying to build gcc on my
OS X box. I'm running Mac OS X Version 10.2.4 and I
have installed the July2000devTools with the late
October update.
According to the instructions (can be on
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-01/msg00013.html)
This should basically be it.. BUT when I run the
configure script it aborts with the following message

checking for built-in _Bool... yes
checking size of short... configure: error: cannot
determine a size for short
Configure in /Users/super8/gcc/build/gcc failed,
exiting.

I can't figure out why this is happening.. Does anyone
has any ideas?

..Thanks in advance.. !
Johan