Linker ignores library path

Markus Gerwinski markus@gerwinski.de
Tue Mar 11 12:14:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

I've got a little problem with libtool: It insists in looking for
libmysqlclient.la in /usr/lib/mysql, but the file is really in
/usr/local/lib/mysql. I tell this to the linker, too, via
-L/usr/local/lib/mysql, but it seems to ignore it.

I've set up my make scripts using automake, autoconf etc., and set the cflags
and libs calling "mysql-config --cflags" resp. "--libs" in the configure.ac.
All that stuff seems to run fine: When I call `make', I see the correct
commands, including the -L'/usr/local/lib/mysql' option and so on. But the
linker exits with the error message:

grep: /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.la: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[2]: *** [libmagecape.la] Fehler 1

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

  Markus