CVS Problems and Compile Errors

LLeweLLyn Reese llewelly@lifesupport.shutdown.com
Tue Mar 11 04:33:00 GMT 2003

"William G. Lea" <wglea1@swbell.net> writes:

> I'm haveing a couple of problems building the 3.2.2 release.
>
> My first problem is with CVS. I can't seem to get it to run to a clean
> ending.  Sometimes it just hangs, sometimes it reports an internal
> error. And most recently it stops with a:
>
> "waiting for anancvs's lock in /cvsroot/gcc/gcc/gcc/config/d30v" which
> repeats every thirty seconds until I shut it off or the program stalls
> completely.  This has been consistent for two days.  It's almost as if
> someone has locked the repository (d30v) and forgotten about it.  Is
> that possible?

It happens You aren't the only person to have complained about this
    recently, so I suspect most the people who can do anything about
    this are not reading this list. I can only suggest you email gcc
    at gcc.gnu.org = that's the developer mailing list, and someone
    there should be able to fix the problem.

> I went ahead and tried to build the system anyway but I get an error in
> the second phase of the bootstrap process.  The file lex.c gives an
> error in a function call.
>
> line 449: cxx_init
>           too many arguements to fucntion 'c_common_init'
>           incompatable types in assignment
>
> Has anyone encountered these errors? What can I do about them?

Could you say what platform you are building on?