Convert MS VC++ name mangling to GCC name mangling

Yu kenny-a18604 kenny.yu@motorola.com
Wed Mar 5 02:13:00 GMT 2003

I am curious about demangling and remangling way. Could anyone show me the process? Or give me relevant document cause I've never know of it before.

Thanks in advance,

Kenny

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Sidwell [mailto:nathan@codesourcery.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 6:44 PM
To: Alexander Stock
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Convert MS VC++ name mangling to GCC name mangling

Alexander Stock wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to convert a with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 created dll with
> "Microsoft C++ name mangling" to a dll with "GCC C++ name mangling"
> and I want to ask if it's generally possible to do such a task?
> Can I only demangle the Microsoft C++ names and then mangle them with
> GNU C++ style again or have I to watch some other obscure things?
Your scheme should work, provided no information has been lost in the MSVC++
mangling. (It is possible some template information is lost, such that
there are two possible g++ remanglings. I suspect that will not be a problem
in practice.)

I'm sure you're aware that you won't be able to pass class objects across the
library interface.

nathan

          The voices in my head said this was stupid too
nathan@codesourcery.com : http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~nathan/ : nathan@acm.org