bootstrap build Error - rlim

LLeweLLyn Reese llewelly@lifesupport.shutdown.com
Thu Jun 26 16:45:00 GMT 2003


"Joseph D. Lien" <jdlien@fullspec.ca> writes:

> Hello:
> 
> I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this problem.
> 
> I've got an old system with kernel 2.2.17 that needs an upgrade, so I
> make a new kernel 2.4.21 for it.  I upgraded modutils, and not much
> else, and things weren't working smoothly, so I thought that I should
> update gcc.  when I ran "make bootstrap" it failed with the following:
> 
> ../../gcc/except.c:2323: warning: integer constant is unsigned in ANSI
> C, signed with -traditional
> gcc -c   -g  -DIN_GCC   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -
> Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long   -
> DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I. -I../../gcc -I../../gcc/. -I../../gcc/config
> -
> I../../gcc/../include ../../gcc/explow.c -o explow.o
> 
> *--snip*
> 
> gcc -c   -g  -DIN_GCC   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -
> Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long   -
> DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I. -I../../gcc -I../../gcc/. -I../../gcc/config
> -
> I../../gcc/../include genrtl.c -o genrtl.o
> gcc -c   -g  -DIN_GCC   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -
> Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long   -
> DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I. -I../../gcc -I../../gcc/. -I../../gcc/config
> -
> I../../gcc/../include ../../gcc/ggc-common.c -o ggc-common.o
> ../../gcc/ggc-common.c: In function `ggc_rlimit_bound':
> ../../gcc/ggc-common.c:294: storage size of `rlim' isn't known
> ../../gcc/ggc-common.c:294: warning: unused variable `rlim'
> make[2]: *** [ggc-common.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gcc-3.3/objdir/gcc'
> make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gcc-3.3/objdir/gcc'
> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
> 
> 
> 
> 
> I presume that there's a dependancy that might need to be upgraded or
> something, but it's not real obvious to me.  Any ideas?

Please tell us:

    (a) What version of gcc you are using to build gcc.
    (b) What version of gcc you are building.
    (c) What version of glibc you are using.
    (d) What version of binutils you are using.




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list