GCC for embedded systems - help please

Muthukumar Ratty muthu@iqmail.net
Tue Jun 10 23:14:00 GMT 2003


Hi,

>
>  I'm trying to compile some software for an embedded system. The host
> system is a 486, I'm building on a 686. I'm trying to use GCC to compile
> the source, but instead of the standard a.out elf format, all I want is
> binary.

you can use the objcopy util to convert elf to binary. use -O binary
option.

Muthu.


I've written my own memoryscript.ld and crt0.s, although I'm now
> having great difficulty getting code to run. I think theres problem with my
> crt0.s
>
>  I've done some web trawling, and keep getting redirect to www.cygnus.com,
> which is now a different site (I think? Havent seen the original). I've
> also mailed the cross gcc mailing list (@cygnus.com) with mails bouncing
> back! Has this site moved?
>
>  Does anyone know where I can find info on GCC for embedded systems,
> especially info on crt0.s for a i486?
>
>  Has anyone done something like this before?
>
>  Had a look around at cross gcc info, but still to no avail.
>
>  Have I missed something? Will GCC do this for me?
>
>
>  Thankyou for your time.
>
>  Regards Nigel Murphy.
>
>
>
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list