[RAW_]_CXX_FOR_TARGET?

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Mon Jun 30 08:01:00 GMT 2003

Hi People,

Sorry for the cross-posts, but I don't know who I should ask
about this.

I am doing a the following crossed-native build of gcc/gcj 3.4:

(build,host,target) = (i686-pc-linux-gnu,i686-pc-mingw32,i686-pc-mingw32)

Based on this configuration, the top-level configure script is
setting RAW_CXX_FOR_TARGET to only flags, with the compiler executable
being blank. This messes up the libsup++, libjava and I think
other builds, where the executable name ends up being blank
after the -tag CXX invocation of libtool.

I was able to "fix" this by setting CXX_FOR_TARGET and RAW_CXX_FOR_TARGET
to i686-pc-mingw32-c++ (a previously-built (i686-pc-linux-gnu,i686-pc-mingw32)
cross compiler) before I invoke the top-level configure script.

Do you know if this is by design? Or is the top-level configure logic messed
up when build!=host and host=target?

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/