compiling gcc 3.4 on linux, debian unstable
Ken Foskey
foskey@optushome.com.au
Sat Jun 28 16:17:00 GMT 2003
When I compile from head I get the following error:
make[2]: Entering directory `/data/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/boehm-gc'
/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile /data/gcc/gcc/xgcc -B/data/gcc/gcc/
-B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/
-isystem /usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include -isystem
/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/sys-include -DGC_LINUX_THREADS=1
-D_REENTRANT=1 -DTHREAD_LOCAL_ALLOC=1 -DSILENT=1 -DNO_SIGNALS=1
-DNO_EXECUTE_PERMISSION=1 -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS=1
-DJAVA_FINALIZATION=1 -DGC_GCJ_SUPPORT=1 -DATOMIC_UNCOLLECTABLE=1 -I.
-I. -I./include -O2 -g -O2 -fexceptions -I././targ-include
-I././.././libc/include -O2 -g -O2 -c allchblk.c
libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
make[2]: *** [allchblk.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/boehm-gc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/boehm-gc'
make: *** [all-target-boehm-gc] Error 2
Is there a tag that will give me a reasonably reliable build for gcc 3.4
but still keep me ahead of the game. I want to ensure that
OpenOffice.org is buildable in releases of gcc as soon as they are
released not after weeks of pain.
--
Thanks
KenF
OpenOffice.org developer
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list