About C++ Named Operators

Zoltan Farkas zoly@daxtechnologies.com
Tue Jun 10 19:33:00 GMT 2003

I want to disable the support for named operators in GCC so that I would
be able to compile my code that uses those "operators" for a different
purpose.
Any options for that?

How can I do that? I cannot undef them because they are C++ operators,
even though they are implemented at the preprocessor level as a simple
replace with the normal C operators. All related error messages still
display the real operators like (|| && even when you use or and in the
code)

Why isn't implemented like a simple h file with some defines ... It is
like that for C, but not for C++

I don't see any value in these "word" operators whatsoever soon I will
see in the next C++ version keywords like begin for '{' and end for '}'.

We can create duplicated for all C++ kewords so a C++ program could look
like COBOL, (BTW I have a h file that allows you to write COBOL (bunch
of #defines) for anybody interested)

I hope there is a way to get rid of those named operators, otherwise I
have a lot of work to do ... grrrrrrrrrrrr

--zoly