Can GCC warn unused and/or uninitialized C++ class attributes.

YingLCS@netscape.net YingLCS@netscape.net
Wed Jun 4 03:06:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

Can GCC warn unused and/or uninitialized C++ class attributes?
I look at the manual, it can warns about unused paramaters and uninitialized local variables. I would like ot know if it warns about unused and/or uninitialized C++ class attributes? If yes, how to enabled it?

In C++, i can initalize attribues using member initializers or assignment in constructors. Is GCC smart enough to understand both and find out which attributes are not initialized?

I know there is an option "-Wreorder", but it only checks for order, it does not mention anything about uninitialized variables.

Thank you.