trouble building gcc
Rupert Wood
me@rupey.net
Fri Jul 25 08:34:00 GMT 2003
Something else the occurred to me on the train home:
> Interix's shell (pdksh?) doesn't like that construct in the makefile
> (it's an environment expansion of a name based on an environment
> expansion with a default or similar).
There's another problem using the default interix shell - it doesn't play
nice with libtool's install script. Somewhere around line 4450 in a
generated ltmain.sh
# libtool install mode
install)
modename="$modename: install"
# There may be an optional sh(1) argument at the beginning of
# install_prog (especially on Windows NT).
if test "$nonopt" = "$SHELL" || test "$nonopt" = /bin/sh ||
# Allow the use of GNU shtool's install command.
$echo "X$nonopt" | $Xsed | grep shtool > /dev/null; then
I think I had to add an extra
|| test "$nonopt" = sh
in there. I don't think this is a problem if you use the bash binary I
linked.
In any case, I'll try and resurrect my interix3 build tree - and might even
get around to submitting patches for it! Let us know if you hit any more
problems.
Rup.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list