New GLOB symbol with gcc3.3 but previous versions??? (Compiling Icarus)

Stephen Williams steve@icarus.com
Tue Jul 22 22:25:00 GMT 2003

mruff@chiaro.com wrote:
> This turned out to be my original hunch... Inlining behavior
> is slightly different. Previous version seem to auto-inline
> the following:
>
> svector<string>::svector<string>(unsigned size) : nitems_(size) { }
>
> Whereas, GCC3.3 needs to be told to do so as:
>
> inline blah blah...

That's all fine and dandy, but it should be legal to out-line
the constructor. I'll apply the work-around, but this will come
up again somewhere else.

So how does the code get fixed so that out-lining works as well?

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,