gcc 3.3 testsuite check fail

LLeweLLyn Reese llewelly@lifesupport.shutdown.com
Fri Jul 18 20:40:00 GMT 2003

o5twm01@gmx.ch writes:

> dear gcc group
>
> i am not a programmer but i need a little help,
> when i try to compile gcc complettly its make a stop
> in the folder libstc++-v3/testsuite

I know nothing about netbsd, but maybe you could find something useful
    here: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-05/msg01736.html
    which is a success report from a netbsd user.

See also http://gcc.gnu.org/buildstat.html
    from there you can follow links to see other success reports
    (mostly for older gcc 3.x) on netbsd. However I see none for sparc
    netbsd. (Though there is powerpc, alpha, mipsel netbsd, as well as
    ubiquitous x86.)

> after reading some manuals i dont found any help
> for my problem, only to make any test of the libtest folder strukture
> and that is the result please help my
>
> netsun# gcc -v
> Using builtin specs.
> gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release) (NetBSD nb3)
>
> netbsd 1.6.1
>
> netsun#  cd /usr/src/gcc-3.3/sparc-unknown-netbsdelf1.6.1/libstdc++-v3/
> netsun# make check
[snip]

Note gmake (and not make) is needed.