need help

LLeweLLyn Reese llewelly@lifesupport.shutdown.com
Wed Jul 9 18:42:00 GMT 2003


"V  Robert" <v_r_robert@rediffmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>     I'm porting GCC for a 16-bit target (i.e. the register size and
> memory operands are 16-bit). In the target header file, I've given
> #define INT_TYPE_SIZE 16
> #define LONG_TYPE_SIZE 16, etc
> 
> My issue is that, for immediate operands greater than 16-bits, my
> ported compiler is giving "DImode" i.e. 8 bytes.
> 
> For example, the below C statement
> 
> int i=sizeof(0x10000);
> 
> produces assembly which assigns 8 to i. BUT, i'm expecting 2 to be
> assigned for i. What should I do to make my ported compiler treat
> immediate values greater than 16-bits as HImode operand?
[snip]

I think you should re post this on gcc at gcc.gnu.org, where you are
    likely to get better feedback on this sort of problem.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list