undefined versioned symbol name __dynamic_cast@@CXXABI_1.2

David Stockwell (local) dstockwell@leadingedgedesign.com
Wed Jul 9 17:42:00 GMT 2003

Hi Eljay,

Sounds like a good guess.  I'm trying to build a .so file and it is dying on
the link step.

gcc3.2 is installed on the computer (but we don't use it anymore).  We're
now using gcc 2.95

gcc -shared clntcore.exp -o dbg/clntcore.so -u CreateEngine -u
CloseEngine -u SetDLLAccessPath dbg/obj/clntcoredll/platform/unix/hxslctcb.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/buffmgr.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/corshare.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/dlliids.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/plsnkctl.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hxcleng.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hxdll.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hxplay.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hxsrc.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hxstrm.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hxcorcom.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/chxgroup.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hxresmgr.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/srcinfo.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/strminfo.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/chxelst.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hxflsrc.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hxntsrc.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hxprotocol.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/rtspprotocol.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/sinkctl.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/statsmgr.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hxtac.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/asm/hxsm.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/asm/hxsmstr.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hypernav/playhpnv.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hypernav/hxhypnv.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/hypernav/thrhypnv.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/perscmgr.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/viewport.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/viewsrc.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/prefmgr.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/nxtgrmgr.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/mediamrk.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/eventmgr.o
dbg/obj/clntcoredll/dtrvtcon.o dbg/obj/clntcoredll/recordctl.o
dbg/clntcore_libs.a -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: dbg/clntcore.so: undefined versioned symbol name
__dynamic_cast@@CXXABI_1.2
/usr/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [dbg/clntcore.so] Error 1

Out of this error, If I remove the things I know I'm building this time
around:
gcc -shared  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lstdc++

I'm left with the above.

How can I determine what the additional things were built as?

Thanks

David