Share sockets between processes

amish_munshi@sify.com amish_munshi@sify.com
Thu Jul 17 21:02:00 GMT 2003

Greetings,

	I would like to share a socket which are created by the parent
process with all the children.
	My parent is a server which calls fork() on accepting connections
using accept(). I would like to send data from one client to the other
client, I know the socket number that the two clients are on.
	Assume that child1 and child2 are created in a sequence.
I am able to send data on sockets create for child1 from the child2. But
child1 cannot use socket created for child2 and can successfully send data.
	The entire code with a client stub is avaiable at
http://www.geocities.com/amishmunshi/sourcecode.zip

Bye.

--
There are a hundred reasons when things go wrong.
To get something right all hundred need to be overcomed.