question about the schedulling

Jung Woon Ho unosoft@hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 18:38:00 GMT 2003


Hi,
Im trying to optimize my code, from the C level (specially schedulling the 
instruction in the C level).
I would like to know what are the key points that I have to keep in mind in 
order to make my code friendly to the gcc scheduler.  I tried to modfy the 
code manually to increase parallelism, decrease data dependancy, etc....
but since gcc takes my c files and re-schedules everything, my optimizations 
are not transparent in the assembly file. And often my optimizations makes 
the program run slower.

Can anybody give a hint on this problem?
Is there any documentation in the gcc scheduler?

I know that there are a lots of techniques in improving performance, but I'm 
interested in the
instrcution schedulling part.

thank you.

_________________________________________________________________
Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list