Comparative performance of C(gcc) and C++(g++)

Ivan Vieira Velho velhaco2000@yahoo.com.br
Thu Jan 30 16:39:00 GMT 2003

Hi,
My problem is decide witch language use in an project that analysis
demonstred complex , huge and need a better use of all resources  in
the machine (highly optimized).
The choose for Assembly was abandoned because C/C++ compilers support
assembler and have highly optimized functions and tools. For an
specific implementation major C/C++ compilers support inline assembler.
Well, the last choose is the project implementation language (C or
C++).
For me 3-5% more eficiency (speed and memory) for C is remarkable, 1-2%
more, I will choose C++ .
This is my problem.