cerr not defined

shane@shaneroberts.com shane@shaneroberts.com
Mon Jan 20 20:58:00 GMT 2003

Eljay and Oliver,
thank you for responding to my cerr problem.

Eljay,
the original code I got the "ios undefined error" in was:
std ios::in

I fixed it by changing it to:
std::ios::in

the error was not mine but in the book.  I am learning C++ so I did
not recognize the error.

Oliver,
the example I gave with the "cerr undeclared" error is directly from
the Strousstrup book.  Since he designed C++ I assumed his code
would be correct.  Apparently I was wrong, since I fixed it by
changing it to std::cerr as you suggested.

I am still using the <fstream.h> include though, so I guess cerr
does come with fstream.

Shane