this simple program doesn't compile :-(

Andre Kirchner sieg1974@yahoo.com
Sun Jan 19 20:15:00 GMT 2003


Ok, this was a stupied question. Sorry for that.
I asked it, because when I commented the line "dev =
pcap_lookupdev( errbuf );" the program was compiled
without any problem ( and without any new line ), so I
thought the error was somewhere else.

Andre


--- Andre Kirchner <sieg1974@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I'm trying to compile this simple program with the
> command "gcc ./main.c -lpcap"
> 
> #include <pcap.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> 
> int main( int argc, char * argv[] )
> {
>   char *dev;
>   char errbuf[ PCAP_ERRBUF_SIZE ];
>   
>   dev = pcap_lookupdev( errbuf );
>   if( dev == NULL )
>   {
>    printf( "%s\n", errbuf );
>    exit( 1 );
>   }
>  
>   return( 0 );
> }
> 
> but it doesn't work and I get the following error
> message "main.c:17:2: warning: no newline at end of
> file"
> 
> Does anyone have any idea about what is wrong?
> 
> Thanks a lot,
> 
> Andre
> 
> 
> 
> __________________________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up
> now.
> http://mailplus.yahoo.com


__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list