Dummy Assembler and Linker

Roger.Gough Roger.Gough@ul.ie
Wed Jan 8 09:31:00 GMT 2003

Hi all,

 I am looking to make a clean build of a port to a serial risc processor (I
have the necessary header files). I am able to preprocess(cpp) and
compile(cc1).  I am looking to build a dummy assembler file (.as) and a
dummy linker file (.ld). I dont want the assembler or the linker to do
anything except to create a final executable file.

 Where do I need to put the .as file and the .ld file. Is it possible to put
them in my home directory using the "--prefix" command.

 Also what needs to go into these files? All i want the assembler to do is
to take the .s file created by the compiler and to create an object file.
Similarly all i want the linker to do is to take that object file and create
an executable.

 Thanks for your help.

Rgds
Roger