filename from fstream object

Bernd Speiser bernd.speiser@uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Jan 7 21:46:00 GMT 2003

John Love-Jensen wrote:

> Hi Bernd,
>
> As I understand it, a ifstream's filename is metadata that isn't part of
> what an ifstream contains.
>
> I think you'll need to pass that in as a separate parameter.

Thanks, looks like this is what I'll have to do to solve my problem right
now. However, wouldn't it make sense to have the filename stored and
retrievable? Does anybody have an opinion on this? Would one regard
storing the filename as taking up too much memory?

Bernd

Bernd Speiser
Institut f"ur Organische Chemie
Auf der Morgenstelle 18
D-72076 T"ubingen
Germany
phone: +49-7071-2976205 (office) +49-7071-2976242 (laboratory)
fax:   +49-7071-295518 (new!)
e-mail: bernd.speiser@uni-tuebingen.de
Internet: http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/speiser