g++ 3.2.1 crashes with segmentation fault
Oliver Kullmann
O.Kullmann@Swansea.ac.uk
Mon Jan 6 18:30:00 GMT 2003
Hi,
g++ version 3.0.4 crashed with a segmentation fault on one of my
programs, so I installed version 3.2.1, but, alas, exactly the same
behaviour:
g++ -o ErzeugeBenotungsVorlage -I/h/21/GemeinsameBasis/C++/Loki -I/h/21/GemeinsameBasis/ZentralesArchiv/Hilfsprogramme/C++Bibliothek -I/h/21/GemeinsameBasis/C++/Xerces_include ErzeugeBenotungsVorlage.cpp /h/21/GemeinsameBasis/ZentralesArchiv/Hilfsprogramme/C++Bibliothek/Kommandozeile.o /h/21/GemeinsameBasis/C++/Xerces_so
ErzeugeBenotungsVorlage.cpp: In function `int main(int, const char* const*)':
ErzeugeBenotungsVorlage.cpp:256: internal error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
> g++ -v
Reading specs from /compsci/partition1/csoliver/GCC/gcc-3.2.1/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.1/specs
Configured with: /compsci/partition1/csoliver/GCC/gcc-3.2.1/configure --enable-threads=posix --enable-long-long --prefix=/compsci/partition1/csoliver/GCC/gcc-3.2.1 --with-local-prefix=/compsci/partition1/csoliver/GCC/Include_3.2.1 --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-nls --enable-shared
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2.1
Before submitting a bug report, I wanted to show it on this list --- perhaps it's
already known, or there is a remedy.
I think it's a syntax error which causes the crash (at least with 3.0.4 that was
often the case).
I fear isolating the bug so that it can be reproduced will take me a long time,
and (unfortunately) I don't have this time. Therefore I hope that it won't be
necessary, and a wizard will show up and solve the problem (alas, I fear, that
won't happen; sigh).
Or perhaps there is are tricks how to isolate the bug?!
Oliver
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list