error with ARM cross-compiler assembler

Tamás Gergely gertom@rgai.hu
Mon Feb 24 08:27:00 GMT 2003


Hi!

Are you sure that the two assemblers use exactly the same syntax?

Gertom

Benjamin Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Sorry for the spam if I am in the worry place.
> I got a problem with the ARM cross-compiler assembler
> arm-elf-as.  I've built the arm-elf-as for ARM
> assembler but every time I tried to use the asembler
> to compile on an assembly file, it gives me sth like
> this:
> 
> ...
> main_init.s:17: Error: Rest of line ignored. First
> ignored character is `*'.
> main_init.s:19: Error: bad instruction `header Files'
> main_init.s:21: Error: bad instruction `get
> hw_cdmap.a'
> ...
> 
> The assembly code should be fine in the file as I can
> use ARMASM (the assembler compiler for ARM) to compile
> it without any trouble.
> 
> So I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what the
> problem could be?
> 
> Thx a lot,
> 
> Ben
> 
> ______________________________________________________________________ 
> Post your free ad now! http://personals.yahoo.ca

-- 
**************************************************************************
* Gergely TamĂĄs                                    e-mail:gertom@rgai.hu *
* ICQ:104783919                                    http://gertom.rgai.hu *
**************************************************************************



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list