I can't compile this program!

Ajay Bansal Ajay_Bansal@infosys.com
Fri Feb 14 05:30:00 GMT 2003


Link the program with math library

gcc -o test test.c -lm

I feel that every systemshould follow the man page standards of solaris
(if it is not proprietery). In their man page they mention the library
to be linked with.. Like


Mathematical Library                     sqrt(3M)



NAME
     sqrt - square root function

SYNOPSIS
     cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lm [ library ... ]
     #include <math.h>

     double sqrt(double x);

DESCRIPTION
     The sqrt() function computes the square root of x.


-----Original Message-----
From: japan [mailto:ngmnhat@yahoo.com] 
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 10:56 AM
To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: I can't compile this program!


I want to ask some questions!

I have an ANSI C program named test.c:

/*test.c*/
#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>
main()
{
  printf("%f\n",sqrt(4));
  return 0;
}

I can't compile this code. I used command:

gcc -o test test.c

Please tell me why and how to compile that code!

Thanks.


__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Send Flowers for Valentine's Day
http://shopping.yahoo.com



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list