any proxy client for ISA ??

Rupert Wood me@rupey.net
Thu Feb 6 11:24:00 GMT 2003


Raheel Ali Khan wrote:

> although this group is only intended for gcc issues, but i am asking
> this question so that if anyone there has some knowledge of it. I
> need something like proxy client for ISA proxy server installed on
> windows 2k server. Actually i have complete network of ms windows
> based workstations & servers. Now I have placed a sun-sparc machine
> (solaris 8) on this network. i need something of proxy like
> functioning on sun machine so that it could access the services of
> ISA proxy on my windows server.

Our ISA firewall also has a socks 4 proxy. I don't know if this was part
of ISA or Small Business Server 2000. You can use this, plus a socks
library, e.g. Dante

    http://www.inet.no/dante/

Make sure you configure it for socks v4 *not* v5. Dante also has some
support for the pre-ISA MS Proxy but I don't know what state that's in /
is useful.

You may get better ideas from one of the sun newsgroups or the
sunmangers.org mailing list.

Good luck,
Rup.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list