libgcc.a not found on AIX 4..3.3 linking DBD::ORACLE

De Reus, Jaap J SITI-ITDGE12 jaap.dereus@shell.com
Thu Feb 20 10:55:00 GMT 2003


Dear all,

  I havenot got any experience in using GCC, but I had to upgrade my perl
from 5.3 to 5.8 to make use of certain module. I downloaded the perl version
from the perl site. I downloaded GCC from a site with al kinds of download
for AIX. Building the perl version didnot caused any problem as far as I can
see. Because I need access to my Oracle database I down loaded the 2
required modules ( DBI and DBD ). Building DBD gave the error that it cannot
find libgcc.a and libgcc_eh.a   . 

The directory, which contains these 2 archives are in the default directory
and I made a symbolic link from that directory to /usr/local/lib. This
didnot help.

What am I doing wrong here??


Regards
Jaap de Reus
Unix System Engineer
Shell Information Technology International B.V.
PO Box 1027, 2260 BA  Leidschendam, The Netherlands

Tel: +31 70 303 4197
Email: 
Internet: http://www.shell.com



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list