Linker trouble
Eilmsteiner Reinhard
r.eilmsteiner@paysafecard.com
Thu Feb 6 11:14:00 GMT 2003
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
Yes, unfortunately they are....
Do you have other ideas?
Regards,
Reinhard.
- -----Original Message-----
From: Miguel Ramírez [mailto:mramirez@iua.upf.es]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 11:39 AM
To: Eilmsteiner Reinhard; gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Linker trouble
Are the libraries 'classlogging' and 'classgeneral' compiled with the same
gcc version?
Remember that 3.2 C++ ABI is incompatible with the one of previous releases,
so recompiling
the libraries should do the trick.
Miguel.
- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Eilmsteiner Reinhard" <r.eilmsteiner@paysafecard.com>
To: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 9:27 AM
Subject: Linker trouble
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to link a program which used to work on a older version of gcc
> and ld.... Now I have gcc 3.2 and ld 2.13.90.0.2
> After all has been compiled (including the libraries classlogging and
class
> general (the latter uses the former) a do:
> g++ -ggdb -I../../include -L../../lib -o logserver main.o clogserver.o
> clogserverexception.o -lclasslogging -lclassgeneral
> and get:
> main.o: In function `main':
> /home/eilmrein/Documents/proj/c/src/logserver/main.cc:27: undefined
> reference to `CCommandLine::CCommandLine[in-charge](int, char const**)'
> clogserver.o: In function
> `CLogServer::GoToLoggingStage(CLogServer::TLogStage, bool, CCommandLine
> const*)':
> /home/eilmrein/Documents/proj/c/src/logserver/clogserver.cc:91: undefined
> reference to `CString::operator()() const'
> /home/eilmrein/Documents/proj/c/src/logserver/clogserver.cc:91: undefined
> reference to `CString::~CString [in-charge]()'
> /home/eilmrein/Documents/proj/c/src/logserver/clogserver.cc:91: undefined
> reference to `CString::~CString [in-charge]()'
> /home/eilmrein/Documents/proj/c/src/logserver/clogserver.cc:111: undefined
> reference to `CString::operator()() const'
> /home/eilmrein/Documents/proj/c/src/logserver/clogserver.cc:111: undefined
> reference to `CString::~CString [in-charge]()'
> /home/eilmrein/Documents/proj/c/src/logserver/clogserver.cc:111: undefined
> reference to `CString::~CString [in-charge]()'
>
> When I do a "nm -C libclassgeneral.a" I can see these member functions
> however.
> Does it have anything to do with those [in-charge]/[not-in-charge] tags,
> which I've not seen on my old version. (Please explain!)
>
> How do I get my program linked again?
>
> Thx,
> Reinhard.
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: PGPfreeware 7.0.3 for non-commercial use <http://www.pgp.com>
>
> iQA/AwUBPkIceFaO5+5ahqodEQLqhgCg4aUag+SIvqU3sCM0UcpaqpYb6pIAnRnG
> Hll3+bgudQyOQCQ6enbQtRS0
> =e2oI
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 7.0.3 for non-commercial use <http://www.pgp.com>
iQA/AwUBPkJDqlaO5+5ahqodEQINvQCdElDZUfq3zyZrVg/ymfytDxaPc1gAoPez
IZSPbnSBX+Powu2lxbOQLnR4
=3H8A
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list