Optimise a build for floating point operation

Øystein O Johansen ojohans@statoil.com
Wed Feb 5 10:13:00 GMT 2003


Hi,

I got a program [*] code that makes mostly floating point operations
(written in C and C++). I know this program will run on a Windows 2000
Intel pentium 4 machine. The program is time critical, and I really want to
make it run as fast as possible. Which parameters and options should I send
to gcc when compiling and linking? I'm using mingw 2.0 with gcc 3.2.

gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.2 (mingw special 20020817-1)

I'm willing to update the compiler if that will increase the execution
performance of the binary.

-Øystein

[*] It's a neural net based backgammon evaluation program based on GNU
Backgammon

-------------------------------------------------------------------
The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of the
information or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete
this message.
Thank you.




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list