Memory monitoring

Rupert Wood me@rupey.net
Thu Dec 11 09:32:00 GMT 2003

Bernd Klein wrote:

> Thanks for all you help, but the real binary works under Solaris, so
> I need to check it under this OS. Are there any memory-checkers
> available under Solaris (5.9)

As Eljay said, there's Purify:

    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/purifyplus/unix/

Last I looked (when it was still Rational) it cost $2,800 or thereabouts for
a unix licence. But we fixed all our bugs in the free trial period :-)

Looks like they still offer a free trial :-) If you can't exploit that, I'd
still check your code on linux - assuming you're running 32-bit code on
Solaris there won't be a lot of changes in your memory management code.

Rup.